Saturday, November 13, 2010

Alpacas, Art and The River Arts District

Had a great time at the River Arts Stroll today.  I only wish I could have stayed longer.  My best art buddy, Jennifer (a.k.a. Kung Fu Clay) had her grand opening today and her space looked incredible!  The weather was gorgoeus and there were plenty of new faces there, especially down on Depot Street-where the new Pink Dog Studio is.  Even got to meet some local alpacas and learn all about their temperment and the quality of yarn they produce.  One thing that I did notice about the River Arts District that I found very interesting--The big names that reside there seem to be getting even bigger.  What does this mean...I don't know, but I'd love to hear some thoughts on this topic.......

1 comment:

  1. As far as the big getting bigger, we are herding types and people always gravitate to that which seems to draw a crowd - weird but true. I think a lot is happening all over down there and a bunch of things are going to change - for the better - not a few leading the pack but a bunch of separate bunches having different hot spots and restaurants/bars and general hang outs for people to look at and discuss art -does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete