Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Birdhouses

I have been asked to make three birdhouses for some folks in the UK--for Christmas.  I am so excited about this project --although I consider myself a figurative artist I really do love to make bird accessories.  The only hesitation I have is that they need three houses by the first week of December and I'm feeling a little anxious about the time frame.  Working with clay is about 30% work and 70% waiting --waiting for the slabs to dry to a stage where they can be handled--waiting for pieces to reach the same moisture level--and finally waiting for the pieces to dry enough to be fired.  I'll do my best and hope that the weather dries up a bit.  I've already spent about a week just comong up with some designs......

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the commission! I've seen one of your birdhouses before somewhere (Grove Park contest??), and it was *beautiful*.

    ReplyDelete